[Inpycon] directions for the new society/trust/?

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 06:43:18 CET 2009

Dear all,

Since we are very close to forming a society to run Pycon India and
hopefully promote Python and Pythonic activities, it’s important to form an
agenda clarifying the exact plans for the society. Here are some questions
which I have and would like to seek opinion of everyone in the group, which
should give some directions into future.

1)      Should the society be only run to manage funds and organize of Pycon
India, and similar conferences?

2)      If not, what are the other activities which the society must
involve?

3)      More specifically, what are the other activities a society can get
involved, other than organizing Pycon?

4)      What should be the legal relationship with PSF? Should we have only
an informal relationship or a legal relationship (like a chapter of PSF)?

5)       Should this be a society or a trust?

6)      What all can the new society do to encourage Python based
development in the country?

Thanks

--
Ramdas S