[Inpycon] ChennaiPy Bids For PyCon India 2010

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:39:27 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me clarify, see we may have calls from other cities too tomorrow. I am
> completely in for doing it in Chennai next year, but we must discuss it
> before finalizing it.

Yup. Discussions should be on the list exactly like we did for the earlier
one.

> I think the normal practice is that a meeting whether offline or online
> should be called, and discuss. We did that number of times for Pycon
> Bangalore, and we must do that before formally awarding it to Chennai.

I agree. I however don't want the society to 'formally award' anything. That
gives power to small bunch of people and I don't think that's cool.

> There was earlier an inquiry from someone in Delhi who wanted to do it in
> Delhi.
>
> There must be overall consensus.

If there are conflicting proposals, we'll bring it here on the list and beat
it out. I'd prefer that there be no need for arbitration etc.

> The proposal looks pretty good to me, especially the A/C Halls.
>
> I was under the impression that once a society is formed, then there need
> to be a formal call for a meeting from an office bearer.

Nope. I don't think so. We'd beat it out here and then with the +1s, we'd
decide. The society and it's office bearers shouldn't have some kind of
privilege to bless a group with the right to hold the a conference. If too
many people create a ruckus, it'd have to do something but not as a general
rule.

--
~noufal