[Idle-dev] Feedback appreciated for two suggested new features

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Mon Oct 15 20:12:15 EDT 2018

> 1. Replace the search and replace dialogs with a search bar

I personally like those, at least for simple search.

I’d be a bit more cautious when it comes to a full find/replace with options. One of the nice advantages of dialogs is that they’re large enough to provide meaningful labels on everything, optional help text, etc. If the target audience includes many learners, who likely don’t have the same experience with IDE’s, the search bar idea may be a bit too concise.  Haven’t looked at your implementation.

> 2. Ability to run 3rd party code checkers

Sounds good to me!

Mark