[Idle-dev] Feedback appreciated for two suggested new features

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 11:01:33 EDT 2018

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 5:54 PM Michiel Overtoom <motoom at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> What I regularly miss in IDLE is an option to search/replace within the
> selected text only.

I've noticed such a feature in some IDEs lately, though I don't normally
use it.

It seems to me that this feature could be implemented independently of
switching to a search bar. It would likely work more smoothly with a search
bar, though.

I haven't been able to find such a feature suggestion on the issue tracker.
You're welcome to create one if you'd find this feature useful! If you do,
please give an example of when and how you would use it.

- Tal Einat