[Idle-dev] Deprecate running IDLE without a subprocess

Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin cben at users.sf.net
Tue Jun 12 13:45:57 CEST 2012

I'd say unsaved source is rare case; the more precious thing lost is the
shell window - commands history and outputs.
This is a problem both when you have kill IDLE itself because the executed
code is stuck,
and when you just want ensure a clean run - without Restart Shell
functionality, you have to close and reopen IDLE, again losing shell history
(one could remember to always Save As the shell window, but there's no
convenient way to load it inside IDLE).