[Idle-dev] Deprecate running IDLE without a subprocess

Roger Serwy roger.serwy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:24:41 CEST 2012

The auto-saving feature only saves the one editor window, not all of
them. It is possible to lose unsaved work in yet-to-be executed code in
other editor windows.

Presently, PyShell.py and a few other extensions have code paths to
handle running with and without the subprocess. Requiring a subprocess
would be simplify the code.