[Idle-dev] Fixing and Improving IDLE

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:05:48 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Sean Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's idleX? Funny, I was thinking down the line of making my own
> fork of idle and calling it idleXL . Haha.

Please, if possible, avoid creating yet another fork of IDLE!

History has shown that it is very difficult to merge features from a fork
back into IDLE.

Also, IDLE isn't getting too much developer attention as it is (except for
Roger and Nick who have been doing a great job recently!), so it would be
great to have your efforts contribute to IDLE directly, in coordination
with the few current developers.

- Tal Einat