[Idle-dev] Newbie Question

Saul Spatz sspatz at kcnet.com
Wed Dec 27 17:14:13 CET 2006

I am rather new to both python and IDLE.  The references to IDLE at
www.python.org seem sadly out-of-date.  I have a couple of simple
enhancements I would like to make to IDLE that are not likely to be of
general interest.  (I want to use IDLE in teaching, and I want to save
the sessions, both user input and IDLE output.  I would like IDLE to
remember where I saved the last session and default to that directory,
and I would like it to prompt me if I close the IDLE window without
having saved the session.)   It seems like these should be easy to
program, but I can't find the IDLE source.

Where is it, please?  I assume that I am allowed modify it just for my
own use.

Thanks