[Idle-dev] Slow close?

Bruce Sherwood bas@andrew.cmu.edu
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:43:22 -0500

Good job!

I too have been running Gnome/Sawfish on Linux. However, on the Mac where I
also see slow closes I'm running raw X with the Oroborus window manager,
not a Gnome or KDE environment. I'm using a "rootless" window manager,
which means that windows appear as X windows on top of the Mac OSX graphics
environment. (I have just begun to use Mac OSX, so I could be confused
about my situation.)

Note that it is only Idle that shows the problem. Other programs close
instantly. And on Red Hat Linux I believe that many of those fast-closing
programs are in fact Python-based (Python 1.5), presumably with tkinter.
Odd. And definitely annoying.

Bruce Sherwood

--On Monday, February 25, 2002 10:31 AM +1100 "Stephen M. Gava"