[GSoC-general] GSoC: apply for Kivy plyer

weihuang weihuang0908 at qq.com
Sun Mar 20 22:46:16 EDT 2016

Dear Mentors,
  I am a Chinese girl from department of computer science, Tsinghua University.
I am interested in Plyer project of Kivy in GSoC, and trying to work on issues#3853.
“”"
	Select dock mode, restart the app, press Continue and select one of the keyboard layouts, then use the docked keyboard.

	TypeError: key_up() takes exactly 3 arguments (5 given)

	# (<kivy.uix.vkeyboard.VKeyboard object at 0x10ae9c8a0>, u'g', u'g', [])
	# or (keyboard, keycode, text, modifiers)
“”"

	The crash can be avoided simply by appending a parameter for the function key_up
in https://github.com/kivy/kivy/blob/master/examples/keyboard/main.py#L204
=======
-  def key_up(self, keyboard, keycode):
+ def key_up(self, keyboard, keycode, *args):
=======

Is it enough? I wonder what constitutes an appropriate patch/sample and more information about the Plyer project.

Does “moving the Java/PyOBJus code from p4a/kivy-ios to plyer” means to deprecate  p4a/kivy-ios and to use plyer instead?

I’ll be grateful if you can help me refine the application.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iwUwHl_BBxECneB7rSE8TYVEUkWkwvOfiAEVgWdUC8/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards,
Wei Huang(黄薇)
Department of Computer Science and Technology
Tsinghua University