[Flask] Auto reload Models in Flask-script shell (ipython)

Graeme Pillemer gpillemer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 06:47:26 EST 2017

Hi,
I often use the ipython shell in Flask-script when developing to validate code snippets and debug my flask models. Overall it works great.

Only one problem I've found with this workflow is that if you change some line of code, it will not 'autoreload' the code or model classes. So I find I do a lot of shutting down the shell and restarting it:

I've tried using the ipython autoreload magic function - which does not help

Wondering if anyone on this thread has experienced this and knows a work around

Thanks