[Expat-discuss] expat on AS/400

Franchini Marco Marco.Franchini at formula.it
Thu Dec 5 16:33:07 EST 2002

I'm trying tu use Expat on OS400:
I have created a source files H and QCSRC with record length of 240 bytes in OS/400 file system;
I had to change the names longer then 10 characters (and consequently  the source code) and I have copied in file H the source:
ASCII
ASCIITAB
CODEPAGE
EXPAT
EXPAT_CONF
FILEMAP
FILEMAPSAV
IASCIITAB
INTERNAL
LATIN1TAB
NAMETAB
UTF8TAB
WINCONFIG
XMLFILE
XMLMIME
XMLROLE
XMLTCHAR
XMLTOK
XMLTOK_IMP
XMLURL

and in file QCSRC the source:

CLIENT
CODEPAGE
CT
READFILEMP
XMLFILE
XMLMIME
XMLPARSE
XMLROLE
XMLTOK
XMLTOK_IMP
XMLTOK_NS
XMLWF

then I have created the module whith CRTCMOD command specifying  SYSIFCOPT=*ALL  to use Integrated File System

CLIENT
CODEPAGE
READFILEMP
XMLFILE
XMLMIME
XMLPARSE
XMLROLE
XMLTOK
XMLWF

and created XMLWF program using command:

CRTPGM  PGM(LIBEXPAT/XMLWF)  MODULE(XMLFILE  XMLMIME  XMLPARSE  XMLROLE  XMLTOK  CODEPAGE  READFILEMP  XMLWF)
               ENTMOD(XMLWF)  DETAIL(*FULL)  AUT(*ALL)  TGTRLS(V4R4M0)

but I'm not sure thet the application works correctly

Has anyone worked with Expat on OS400 ?
Thanks.