[Expat-discuss] Simple C Expat Wrapper (SCEW)

Aleix Conchillo Flaque aconchillo at acm.org
Tue Dec 3 11:47:28 2002

Georg Füchsle <g.fuechsle@safir-wid.de> writes:

> Hallo Aleix.
>
> For me Your SCEW seems to be very interesting.
> I  have an application using DOM and now - because DOM is really slow - I
> would like to use Expat.
> But my question: You build up a tree holding all information about the xml
> read before you can start your interpretation. Is your parser in this way
> still much faster than DOM?

well, i guess SCEW is a little bit slower than Expat. because it first
uses expat to load the xml tree (this step is as fast as Expat in
parsing terms and you must count the creation of the structre in
memory). after it is loaded you must call SCEW functions to get the
element, so we could say it does two steps.

but i'm sure is a lot more faster than using xerces or big parsers. i've
not created very complicated tree structures, because i wanted to be as
fast as possible, so may be it will feed your needs.

regards,

aleix