[EuroPython] EuroPython 2014 Feedback Results

Filip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:12:14 CEST 2014

W dniu 09.10.2014 11:42, M.-A. Lemburg pisze:
> A total of 164 people have sent in their feedback.

That's less than 15% attendees, in my opinion hard to call it a good
representation, though it gives some information.

Some time ago I've run into interesting blog post from this year
EuroPython organizer  and I recommend everyone to read it:
https://www.andreas-jung.com/contents/europython-2014-summary-part-2

Interesting parts from that blog:

---
"I can only summarize the behavior of the EPS  as only-demanding, an
arrogant top-down attitude and a conduct that is far away from being
acceptable for an open-source community."

"They have five persons on the board and their only day business is to
meta-organize a EuroPython conference and dealing with EuroPython
trademark issues.  The real organization work is always carried out by
the local organizers."

"Both Fabio and Marc-André had been involved (in a good and bad way)
with the Berlin organizers over the last year."

"Let us send the current EPS board (except Fabio) into the desert and
install persons as board members that are interested in one thing:
organizing further great conferences with local organizers in a
constructive way instead of defending their only poor assets."
---

Personally I think that the conference done in Berlin was good, despite
it was 30% pricier that the one in Florence (in result less affordable
for people living in Central-Eastern Europe). But anyway after reading
that blog I wonder if EPS would care to explain openly to us what was
the conflict between them and Berlin organizers about. Why the next
EuroPython event (according to some rumors on the Internet) won't happen
in Berlin, but in Vienna. If rumors are correct on what basis Vienna has
been chosen? What is the experience of local organizers in running
Python/PyCon conferences?

Regards,
Filip Kłębczyk