[EuroPython] [Zope3-dev] EuroPython talk submission deadline tomorrow!

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat May 19 01:41:01 CEST 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007 00:45, Jodok Batlogg wrote:
> On 17.05.2007, at 21:15, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Tomorrow (friday may 18) is the EuroPython talk submission deadline!
> > So if you are thinking about giving a talk at EuroPython, please
> > submit it soon!
>
> bummer :(
> i missed the deadline by 38 minutes :(
>
> any chance to submit lovely systems proposal via mail?

I don't want to say anything I'm not "authorised" to say, but I think it quite
likely that we'll extend the period for submitting talks, meaning that
everyone who tried to submit talks at the last minute but then experienced
account difficulties, or anyone who didn't have time during the week to
finish off their proposal can still submit a talk.

> we'd like to talk about "high performance zope3".
> lovely systems is working on "web2.0 portals" that have pretty heavy
> load (peak 250 mbit/s, > 1000 concurrent connections).
> i'll talk about the general architecture goals when running "big"
> portals based on zope3 (nginx reverse proxies, varnish caches,
> memcached, ipvs load balancers,...), strategies to monitor and
> improve zope3 settings (z3monitor, zservertracelog, cache
> tuning,...), do and don'ts
> we'll also release some of our performance-tuning (caching,...)
> python packages at this event.

Well you've got my attention, anyway. ;-)

But unless someone in the talks department decides otherwise, the deadline is
likely to be pushed back a few days. We'll bring you some news on this topic
tomorrow.

> thanks - and sorry for beeing late

No problem!

Paul