[EuroPython] List of things that need doing

Jacob Hallén jacob at strakt.com
Mon Apr 4 19:23:12 CEST 2005

Hi!

I have tried to make an exhaustive list of things that need doing for
Europython. I'm sure I haven't gotten everything in it though I think it is
fairly complete.

Please help me making it as complete as possible.

As I'm sure you can see, this is by far too much work for one person, so
please pick up tasks from the list and make them your responsibility.

This list, and who does what will be the main focus of the meeting tomorrow.

Jacob
T-shirts
- Get offers for making T-shirts
- We need a T-shirt design in printable format
- T-shirt design should be submitted early to printers for mastering
- T-shirts need to be ordered
- T-shirts have to be picked up, stored and hauled to the venue
- T-shirts need to be distributed to attendees

Programme
* Reportlab has a module for generating programmes. It takes data from
a MySQL database.
- Update static content
- Make script that exports data from CAPSconference to the MySQL database
- Create and add more maps for where conference is, where meals are,
  where banquet is. (See item below)

Schedule
- Create a nice web template to fill in with schedule content
- Make scheduling based on collision reduction and popularity

Badges and tickets
- The ticket page from last year needs some re-designing, since
  we are adding breakfast tickets
- The printing program needs modification to receive data from
  CAPSconference instead of from a pickle
- The printing program should be able to print a single ticket,
  in order to handle on-site registration
- Tickets have to be printed
- Tickets, scedule and promotional materials need bundling and sorting

Badge holders
- We are short some badge holders. Last year I bought them from Svenska
  Mässan. This should be possible this year as well. I guess we need about
  200 badge holders more.

Internet access
- Internet access last year was inadequate. We would like to plug in
  a couple more access points, so that there is coverage in all the
  lecture halls, and in the cafeteria. This needs to be negotiated with
  Chalmers Nätgrupp.
- We also need to get accounts created for all attendees, including
  accounts for on-site registrants.

Reception
- Layout
- Staff recruiting
- Staff scheduling
- Staff training

Bulletin board
- We need a proper bulletin board. We did not have one last year
- Preparing of board
- Large scale schedule
- Supplies for people to write notices on

Sponsors
- Sending out letters inviting sponsors
- Receiving banner ads
- Receiving printed materials
- Handling sponsors on-site
  - Booth space
  - Posting of materials

Supplies
- Printer
- Networking equipment
- Office supplies

Keynote speaker
- Recruiting
- Making agreement
- Making sure travel arrangements work
- Encouraging correspondence

Arrangements with Chalmers Conference service
- Breakfasts
- Lunches
- Pub
- Keynote venue

Arrangements with Chalmers Lokalservice
- Lecture halls
- Lockable space

Arrangements with Chalmers A/V service
- Video projectors
- Use of PA in lecture halls, if possible

Arrangements with janitor service
- Make sure lights are on in the hallway. Last year
  they were on timers.

Sprints and sprint space
- Promote sprints
- Arrange sprint space

Banquet
- Make agreement
- Make sure menu works for all

SGS Veckobostäder
- Continous interaction, telling them registration status

Budget
- Make one
- Check venue rental cost

Website
- Upload of talks to website
- Registration
  - Make accomodation work
  - Fix T-shirt price
  - Add breakfast purchase
  - Create status page
  - Create page for changing info
  - Create page for deferred payment, with multiple payment codes
  - Make it spit out payment numbers
  - Integrate with card payment
  - Make sure invoices work
- Make email gateway work
- Make interface for registering interest in talks
- Add maps (See below)
- Update info as it comes in

PR
- Updates to comp.lang.python
- Mails to magazines and journals
- Mails to Zope mailing lists

Attendee interaction
- Deal with people's questions and problems

Materials
- Make maps showing where different things take place

Signage
- Make signs showing the way to conference, breakfast, lunch, keynote
  venue, lecture halls

Registration tracking
- Track payments

Hardware for talks
- Borrow 4 laptops
- Make sure they stay put
- Make sure they have necessary software
- Make sure they have network access
- Make sure they have all presentations dowloaded
- Test them with Video projectors