[EuroPython] Talk list - different sorting

Harald Armin Massa ghum at gmx.net
Thu May 13 03:05:07 EDT 2004

Actually the talk list within

http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/acceptedTalksOverview

starts with

Python Language
<http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/python_language>
Masquerading and Adaptation Design Patterns in P...
<http://www.europython.org/conferences/epc2004/info/talks/python_language/aleaxit01>
	Al

a talk that is for

target audience:
technical, advanced

and I am really, really sure that it will be very interesting for
everybody who has the brain to understand it. And having experienced the
very high quality of Alex Martellis work, it will also be on a really
profound level.

That said ... I imagined one of my customers reading the talks sheet,
people from business. (Assuming they knew enough English) they would
stop immediately ater "Design Patterns", if not at "Adaptation".;
classifying the conference as "absolutely geeky" and assuming "I will
not understand 3 words if I go there".

So I suggest that we do just a resort in the presentation:

put 2 out of (Business, Education, Science, Social Skills , Tutorials)
on top
put 2 others out of (Business, Education, Science, Social Skills ,
Tutorials) on bottom

Reading psychologie suggest that "casual readers" and especially
scanners (which will be the majority on the internet) "read" the top and
the bottom. Within one of the mentioned the probability that they
recoginze more than 4 words is bigger.

Geeks anyway will dig deeper and find the more sophisticated talks in
the middle of the list.

AGAIN! I am not suggesting any rescheduling or priorization. I am only
suggesting a more "common knowledge friendly sort order"

Harald