[EuroPython] Web site wonderings

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Mar 2 08:46:57 EST 2004

Michael Hudson wrote:

>>Each one of these needs to be a form, or part of a form, and when you
>>fill it out, and hit submit, you are _done_.  I don't want them to
>>have to log in in addition to all of the above.  That is just
>>irritating.
>>

>Well, they are going to have to tell us who they are for any of the
>above actions to make much sense!

Right, so a login makes a lot of sense. You make a login and fill in
your personal details *once* for your account, and then when logged in
sign up to this and that, submit this and that, etc. This way you can
avoid having to fill in your contact information 5 times for each form
you fill in.

What would be nice if it'd be possible to sign up for at least the
*conference* without a login. One way to do it is to let signing up for
the conference be one way to *generate* a login. It could send an email
giving login info, and asks the user to please log in with supplied
random password and enter their conference preferences and the like.

Regards,

Martijn