[EuroPython] accepting talks and other smallish issues

Beatrice Fontaine bea at webwitches.com
Sun Apr 11 03:46:46 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 00:26, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 07:26:52PM +0200, Beatrice Fontaine wrote:
>
> > Good show! Thanks for dropping by :)
>
> Since you keep encouraging me to poke around, I'll continue :-)

Yeehaaw, an Easter volunteer. I agree, continuing to work on the site on
Easter Sunday is the only thing a self-respecting conference participant
should do (other than painting eggs, of course...)

> Things I'd like to change about the URL layout but have not since
> I'm afraid to deeply break stuff :

[...]

> hmmmm.... after toying around with the "PloneConference Content" elements
> a bit, it looks like that wouldn't be that easy to implement. Since we have
> PloneConference Conference <--> epc2004/info
> PloneConference TalksFolder <--> epc2004/info/talks
> PloneConferenceTrack <--> epc2004/info/talks/zope
> which means we can not currently remove a level without breaking things.

You're right, of course. The drill-down is really ugly. It happened as
an attempt to keep the past and current conferences at the same level
and with the same structure, and still making the current conference
most visible. Then PloneConference was installed. Too much drilling,
definitely.

> But if we want a nicer URL space, we can always use apache redirection
> until the day we find some time to make a new version of the PloneConference
> Product (which would try to put less constraints on the site structure,
> maybe by relaxing the dependency on the catalog named ploco_catalog).

Do you have sufficient access to the server to do a redirection and are
you willing to do it? Ivo announced on the list that he has returned
from Egypt, so he may be all relaxed and tanned and willing to jump in.

> Oh, and concerning the old sites, it appears that 2003 is broken. It looks
> like the talks database is missing.

Tom is the one who moved the talks, I think. It is strange that the 2002
talks should be there, but not 2003. I don't know how, where from and
whereto they had to be moved, but I was pretty certain they were all
there.

Happy Easter!

bea

bea at webwitches.com
"My agenda is so hidden that I can't find it myself". Me.