[Edu-sig] turtle coordinates: Y increase downards - as in most graphics API?

Sergio Rojas sergio_r at mail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:14:11 EDT 2018

From: kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>

> Regarding coordinate systems, I'm probably the only teacher to
> use what I call Quadrays in the classroom.
> I tell them this is what Martians use, acknowledging this is
> purely science fiction,

Kirby,

Looking way far in the back of my head,
the closest thing (to the inspirational drawings of
your notebook) I could recover
is what is called fundamental lattice structures of
solid state physics. Not sure, but in there
they might use your coordinate system to better describe
structures of crystals.
The book by Kittel, pg 27 of the 8th Edition, has some stuff on it.

Other object in that sense is the Quaternion thing
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternion

Better stop here, I am getting hurt ...

Sergio

Check out the free first draft of the book:
     Prealgebra via Python Programming
     https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325473565
     https://github.com/rojassergio/Prealgebra-via-Python-Programming

Message: 1