[Edu-sig] All quiet on the western front...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:12:47 CEST 2007

Mighty quiet around here...

How 'bout I toss up some percentage of the slides I've
been arranging, in some sort of sort (hopefully sequential),
for discussion purposes.[1]

Let me just do that now [elevator music...]

OK, special to the edu-sig inner circle then:

http://www.4dsolutions.net/presentations/connectingthedots.pdf  (1.48 Meg)

Comments?

Also note:  my plan is to showcase on Ubunta I hope
with Beryl working, as I'd like to swap cube faces for
demos, interspersed with the static stuff above.  That
sounds like a lot of CPU cycles (lots to go wrong) so
yeah, it'll be a workout.  But first the new Dell has to
show up to be dinked with.  Order tracking says it's
still in production.  But hey, this is Sunday and not
everyone works 24/7, not even we geeks.[2]

Happy summer solstice all,

Kirby

[1] like most road show veterans, I always have too many
slides, then have this task of whittling down, to make
something sharp and to the point, appropriate to my
audience.  Like, some versions of this would go more
into my remark that younger kids tend to welcome
scatology, now a sub-branch of grossology.  Question:
is squeak too squeaky clean?

[2] if you didn't see my 'Nightmare Alley' review, nor
have a clue as to its relevance, here's the blog link:
http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2007/06/nightmare-alley-movie-review.html