[Edu-sig] Excited about Crunchy Frog

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 23:19:41 CEST 2006

On 8/2/06, ajsiegel at optonline.net <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> available in the library. In my opinion, by taking those ideas out of their
> historical context, and by de-academizing them, by Fullerizing them, you
> are making them less, not more

I don't see that in connecting ideas to Fuller (not the only source
for many mathematical ideas), I'm removing them from their historical
context.

He's another historical figure, like G. Leibniz, Klein, McLuhan, Ada
Byron, likewise a recognized genius, and a literary figure.

Hitching my star to his (and Wittgenstein's -- another hero) was not a
bad move in my estimation.

Some of the most interesting people I've ever met (including Kenneth
Snelson) I would not have, were I not so invested in his school.

Even Python I came to, like you, because of my passion for geometric studies.

Also, maybe because I grew up in Italy, the Philippines etc., I'm
naturally drawn to people with a big picture perspective.

> We're fighting different battles - to be sure.

Yes, that's always been clear.