[Edu-sig] Computer Languages via Immersion Experiences

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Tue Oct 26 03:35:15 CEST 2004

> As it happens I don't consider myself to being making a judgment.

You:

  "Perhaps irrevocably **prejudiced** by Mr. Kay's decision to wittingly
  or unwittingly assist Disney in their effort to become a force in
  education for dollars, I for one feel little affinity with the
  Squeak community." [italics added]

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2004-October/003991.html

Dictionary:

prej.u.dice    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (prj-ds)
n.

   1.
         1. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without
knowledge or examination of the facts.
         2. A preconceived preference or idea.
   2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or
convictions. See Synonyms at predilection.
   3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or
religion.
   4. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived,
unfavorable conviction of another or others.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=prejudiced&r=67

Me:

I'd say the definition fits.  Definitely adverse judgment is involved, by
your own earlier admission.

Nice try though.