[Edu-sig] re: Python Programming: An Introduction to ComputerScience

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Wed Dec 17 19:37:54 EST 2003

Jeff writes:

>VB is used by the Business department, which has more students than CS
>at our school (and in the world at large, too

Can we be outraged that VB is being taught on the public dime? VB is
aggressively non-generic in many ways.  If Chevy decided it was in their
business interest to have its own kind of engine which ran on witch oil, and
the shop classes then followed up by teaching kids only how to work on
Chevies...

Can we be outraged that a sense of outrage is being lost as to this issue?

Can we at least be strategically outraged ;)