[Edu-sig] Teaching python

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:54:51 -0700

> I keep hearing about more teachers who, like myself, are using Python to
> teach programming in high schools around the U.S. Perhaps it would be nice
> to have a page at python.org in the edu-sig section listing the schools and
> teachers who are using it. Of course I have no idea how we'd find everyone,
> and perhaps finding a small number of teachers listed on the page would be a
> disincentive for teachers who are just discovering Python.

I like this idea, especially if it can double as a lesson-plan
repository.  I think setting up a Wiki or a Zope where many people can
participate in maintaining it might be more useful that a page at
python.org (those don't seem to change very often).

What do y'all think?  Oh, and let's not be exclusive to the US.  Some of
us in the free world teach python too %-)

--Dethe

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)
Chief Mad Scientist