[Edu-sig] Re: "Killer Apps" vs. CP4E

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 18:01:27 -0800

> = Art
  = Kirby

> I'm not sure how we got into camps. So be it.

Here's how:  "My sense of where you and I part company
in a fundamental way..."

> And it is in this regard in which I hope to be taken "seriously"
> as a participant in the discussions of EDU-SIG.

As far as I'm concerned, you're a Python guru.  I've already
stated I look up to you as a teacher of the language and I
expect to learn a lot from digging around in your code,
and/or following your lead/direction with regard to
promising new synergies (i.e. Python + OpenGL, Python + ?).

If you read back in the archives, I was the guy always
saying I was most interested in reading stuff from posters
who were actually working on projects, not sitting back
in their arm chairs and throwing out a lot of "bright
ideas" in hopes that others would then do all the work.

Then you showed up, a role model and prime example of
someone who walks the talk.  Exactly the kind of participant
I was hoping to hear from.

Kirby

PS:  I code for a living a lot of the time, pay bills by
writing programs -- but in Xbase, not Python.  For years
I had a GUI running in the open heart surgery theaters
(8 workstations, multi-user).  Even today, my programs
suck data from cath labs via a wide area network.  I am
a pro.  But not at Python.