[Python Edinburgh] Training and IDE

John Spray jcspray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:22:14 CEST 2013

Training: I'm not aware of any, though would be interested to see what
others can recommend.  For an online resource I suggest the excellent "Dive
into Python".

IDE: pycharm is exceptionally good:
* easy to bootstrap new people because it works out of the box (unlike text
editor + addons approach)
* highlights style violations as you go
* flexible autocompletion that copes with the ambiguities that arise in
dynamic languages
* seamless integration with virtualenv
* I use this for a 50k line project and it's consistently snappy.

Cheers
John