[docs] Volunteer for documentation

Charles Walker cwalker343 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 14:21:27 CET 2014

I'm a technical writer looking for work, and would like to do some documentation to keep my hand in, and to say I'm still active in my resume.

I've been a tech writer for about 20 years. Most of my work has been documenting microprocessors and other hardware, but I've done software documentation (database, compiler, utilities, and some enduser) as well.

I've just started learning Python, mostly using Zed Shaw's Learn Python the Hard Way and I thought volunteering for a documentation project in Python would be good both to strengthen my knowledge and to help you out. I'm not familiar with the online Python resources yet, but I have looked at the reStructuredText page and it looks like yet another markup language, so I should have no problem in working with it.

I look forward to hearing from you about how I may be of assistance. I don't currently have any preferences in what sort of documentation I'd work in. I'm used to doing what needs doing.

Charles Walker
cwalker343 at yahoo.com