[Doc-SIG] Python Documentation Translation to Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language)

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Mon Oct 14 18:15:23 EDT 2019

Hi oon arfiandwi,

> currently, I'm doing a sprint to translate Python Documentation to Bahasa Indonesia,
> and in the next few days, it will achieve the minimum requirement,
> which mentioned on PEP 545, to be able to add to Language Switcher.

Nice to read \o/

> I have several questions before I continue the process:
>
> a. according to devguide site [2], I need to finish `library/stdtypes` too, but it is not mentioned on (current PEP 545). can someone help me to clarify which one is the minimum?

PEP 545 wins, I'll fix the devguide, thanks for noticing.

> b. I saw on Python's github repo, many python-doc-{LANG} hosted there, how to request `python-doc-id` on that repository?

You can either transfer the repository to the python organization (clean way I think) or ask me to create one on the python organization and give you permissions on it.
If you choose to transfer the repository it's a two step process:
- First transfer it to me (github.com/JulienPalard), trust me I'm the PEP 545 author I won't steal the repo :]
- Then I'll transfer it to the Python organization.

It's because to transfer to an organization you need the right to create a repo in it [1].

> c. Is it mandatory to have reviewer on Transifex? I saw not many languages doing reviews on the translation there.

That's not mandatory, yet if you want a good quality I think reviewing is a good step. In France we don't use Transfiex because we're using github pull requests to proofread a lot, and a lot of mistakes are catched at this step [2].

> d. and what to do next, if I have completed the translations (a), to be included on language switcher?

Once the repository migrated, open a PR to add your language here: https://github.com/python/docsbuild-scripts/blob/master/build_docs.py#L62

It will build your doc on the server and make it available on docs.python.org so you can check if everything's OK before opening to the public.

If everything renders correctly you'll have to open another pull request to add your language to the switcher here: https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Doc/tools/static/switchers.js#L21

[1]: https://help.github.com/en/articles/transferring-a-repository
[2]: https://github.com/python/python-docs-fr/pull/886

Bests,