[Doc-SIG] Coordinate zh_CN Translation

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Mon Oct 22 09:09:01 EDT 2018

Hi,

> I would like to get the zh_CN translation work organized.

9 month ago Xiang Zhang told us he won't get much time on it, so with it's approval I can put you on the list of coordinators for zh_CN.

> Since I last call for participation in CPyUG mailing-list[1], we now have
> few people interested. And some work already happens on transifex. The
> translation coverage really improved a lot last few months.

Nice to hear!

> So I'd like to
>
> 1.  Create the python-docs-zh-cn repo. Maybe my personal repo
>     zhsj/python-docs-zh-cn can just migrate to it. My transifex sync script
>     can also continue to work.

https://github.com/python/python-docs-zh-cn/ created! But github has hard times since like 12 hours and I can't add you as a collaborator on it.

Feel free to ask it to me again on IRC (I'm mdk) or by email if I forgot once github is back on tracks.

> 2.  We need more reviewers on transifex zh-CN team[2]. I'd like to be one
>     first. And I hope I can have privilege to accept new member join request,
>     since I get feedback that some people get long delay when they request
>     to join.

Inada Naoki and Tomo Cocoa (am I spelling it correcly? sry if not) are the owner of the transifex project (in copy of this message). Can you add him?

>     I may not have sufficient time to do the coordinating work, but I also
>     didn't see others want to take the job. So I would say I'll do my best
>     currently. But if others can help, we can work together.

After years of work on the french translation I can give you an advice: spending time on gathering people to help on the translation is more efficient than translating alone.

Bests,
--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr