[Doc-SIG] Video content in the standard library documentation

Al Sweigart al at inventwithpython.com
Sun May 6 15:49:59 EDT 2018

I definitely agree will all of Julien's points. Having a face is
distracting, makes editing harder, and dealing with lighting/makeup to look
good on camera is a pain.

Also, the videos should be a *maximum* of 6 minutes in length. Philip Guo
(creator of pythontutor.com and a CS professor at Rochester) has a great
article on engagement rates for online course videos. Even with the
concerns about engagement aside, short videos are easier to make and keep
up to date.

Something else to consider: Do we need videos? We could also consider using
a webpage with one of those https://trinket.io/ in-browser interactive
shells (though the PSF probably doesn't want to play favorites with any
company.)

-Al