[Doc-SIG] Video content in the standard library documentation

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Sun May 6 04:25:20 EDT 2018

> I was thinking of providing a set of templates and guidelines for having “5 minute overview” videos

I propose this guideline:

- Never show the face of someone speaking.

Why? It allows to:

- FIX a section of the sound track without re-recording the video track (in case of a error, or to better phrase something).
- Translate the audio tracks of the videos without caring about lip sync (I suspect non of us are willing to do lip sync).

Why fixing is important?

I know one (but won't public-shame) of a really great Python video, really high video, studio, setup quality, video editing, ... all good, but we *see* the speaker state something wrong about Python! Looks like they can't fix it (setting up the studio with the same decoration is undoable). Yes they could, should probably remove the section though.

Looks like Al Sweigart got this guideline right in its scratch series if we want a good example.

Best,
​--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr​