[Doc-SIG] About restructuring Transifex projects

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:38:55 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:28 PM Adrian Liaw <adrianliaw2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi cocoatomo,
>
> I think keeping the translation history is a perfect idea. However, will
> the previous
> version lose its translation history?

​Yes.  It's not easy to track "who / when this paragraph is translated?"

> e.g. For this scenario you mentioned:
>
> > Diagram: On release of Python 3.8
> >
> > Before:
> >
> >    Python     (for Python 3.7)
> >    Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)
> >
> > After:
> >
> >    Python     (for Python 3.8)
> >    Python 3.7 (for Python 3.7)
> >    Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)
>
> Technically this is creating a new project on Transifex called "Python
> 3.7", that way
> the "Python 3.7" project might lose its translation history for the same
> reason that
> creating a new project for newer Python version is going to lose the
> previous
> translation history.

​Yes, you're right.​  Transifex doesn't support branching.  We need to drop
history from 3.7 or master.
Since master branch is maintained for long time in the future, I think
history of master branch is more important.

INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>