[Doc-SIG] About restructuring Transifex projects

Adrian Liaw adrianliaw2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:28:24 EDT 2018

Hi cocoatomo,

I think keeping the translation history is a perfect idea. However, will
the previous
version lose its translation history? e.g. For this scenario you mentioned:

> Diagram: On release of Python 3.8
>
> Before:
>
>    Python     (for Python 3.7)
>    Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)
>
> After:
>
>    Python     (for Python 3.8)
>    Python 3.7 (for Python 3.7)
>    Python 3.6 (for Python 3.6)

Technically this is creating a new project on Transifex called "Python
3.7", that way
the "Python 3.7" project might lose its translation history for the same
reason that
creating a new project for newer Python version is going to lose the
previous
translation history. I'm not sure how Transifex works in this scenario as
I'm also not
very familiar with Transifex and I may be wrong.

Thanks so much!

Wey-Han "Adrian" Liaw (@adrianliaw)
http://linkedin.com/in/adrianliaw