[Doc-SIG] Translating sample programs in documentation

Xuan Wu fromwheretowhere.service at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:27:23 EDT 2018

Thanks for the feedback. A couple of months ago, I heard from one
experienced Japanese developer that he thought Japanese naming for
variables and functions are easy to read and write in his practice. He
also mentioned that many others don't like the practice. Similarly in
Chinese developer community, more developers dislike Chinese naming,
even though IMO this opposition is not well-grounded in most cases.
Additionally and pitifully, quite some developers, especially beginners,
don't even know they can use unicode naming in Python (or any
programming languages) and it may result in better readability.

 From my own experience with some projects in Java/JavaScript, Chinese
naming is more readable even for myself, who have programmed in
English-speaking environment for many years. Also, I know there are
beginners in China who would love to have tutorials that contain sample
programs with Chinese naming, based on the discussions in the github
organization I created for programming in Chinese language.

IMO it's almost impossible to verify if this practice is generally
better for beginners or not, without actually trying it out in limited
scope, like the official tutorial.

To clarify, I'm not pushing other languages to do the same.

Best wishes,
Xuan.