[Doc-SIG] Translating sample programs in documentation

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:28:09 EDT 2018

> Frankly, I don't see the relevance between the progress of translation and
> whether this discussion can be continued. The ability to translate elements
> in sample programs would certainly give me more motivation to contribute.

Personally speaking, I'm strong -1 on translating code, especially for
identifiers.
(weak -1 on comments and docstring, strong -1 on identifiers).

In Japan, many Pythonista doesn't use Japanese identifiers regulally.
There are many "looks similar, but different" characters in Japanese.
So ASCII is more readable than Japanese Hanji.

I don't know about Chinese practice, but how popular Chinese identifiers are?
If you're participating large Chinese community, could you try survey
about it there?

At least, I think Chinese translation team's agreement is needed
before trying it.

Regards,
--
INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>