[Doc-SIG] Two bugs in python.sty

Wojciech Śmigaj achu at klub.chip.pl
Tue Sep 20 17:25:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

Recently I've uploaded two patches dealing with some typographical
problems of the Python LaTeX package (python.sty) to the Sourceforge
tracker of the Python project. Up to now I haven't received any
feedback, and I see it's kind of "normal" for patches submitted there to
be left unnoticed ;-), so perhaps I'll better mention them here, too.

The first patch does away with excessive space surrounding text typeset
within verbatim environments; its Tracker page is
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1293788&group_id=5470&atid=305470
The second ensures that headings of classdesc, methoddesc and similar
environments are separated from the following text with proper amount of
space: currently, it is not the case with multiline headings. The
patch's URL is
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1293790&group_id=5470&atid=305470

I believe these problems (esp. the former) are fairly visible to an
average reader of Python documentation, and their correction would
definitely improve its looks. So perhaps someone from the Doc team could
review the patches :-). Thanks!

Wojciech Smigaj