[Doc-SIG] writing python-like documentation

Martin Blais martin.blais at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:38:47 CEST 2005

hi

i recently converted some old documentation that i made for a client
using docutils into the python's LaTeX documentation format (I wish i
could stick with docutils and generate Python-looking docs, but it
doesn't have all the specific markup for that yet (I think...), i
wish!).

anyway, i find it so pretty (well, it looks just like the python docs
so that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling) that i am now contemplating
writing documentation for my web application framework.
independendly, i saw in the README or somewhere that the Python docs
will be moved to an XML format and that the tools are "almost ready"
for this (like the tools are already usable).

where can i find out more about the new XML input format for python
documentation and the tools that are used for it?  I wouldn't mind
busting through a few bugs if i'm using the next gen of python docs...

also, is it usable yet?  who's using it?  is there example input?

thanks for any pointers.

cheers,