[Doc-SIG] "header" & "footer" directives added

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Fri Apr 8 05:51:04 CEST 2005

in "Re: A more flexible RST -> HTML writer?" on Docutils-users,
I wrote:
 > The direct, correct solution is to have a mechanism to specify
 > "header" content (content to appear before the doc title).
 > I am working on such a mechanism.

Work complete.  I have implemented two new directives: "header" and
"footer", with HTML support.  The "header" directive adds the
directive contents to the document header, which is rendered before
the beginning of the document title.  Similarly for "footer", which
is rendered after the end of the document.  Details here:
http://docutils.sf.net/docs/ref/rst/directives.html#document-header-footer

Get it while it's hot, directly from the SVN repository or from a
snapshot.  Enjoy!

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>