[Doc-SIG] partial rewrite of the "extending and embedding" manual

Bob Kimble rjkimble at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 10 18:25:46 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 11:43 am, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
> > I've been heard before now to complain about the extending and
> > embedding manual.  Some time ago I started a rewrite, and found it
> > again this morning ;-)
> >
> > I've uploaded what I have here:
> >
> >     http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/toext/
>
> [...]
>
> > Comments welcome.
>
> Noone?  Oh well...
>
> Cheers,
> mwh

Sorry for not responding earlier. I went through it immediately after you
posted it, and I think what you have done so far is terrific. It encouraged
me to look at the Python manuals. Now all I have to do is to learn C!

I found it very easy to go through your steps and generate some C extensions.
There's no doubt in my mind that I could implement something simple using
your manual in conjunction with "Extending and Embedding the Python
Interpreter" from the Python documentation. I'd love to see you complete the
work.

Regards,

.... Bob