[Doc-SIG] Technical Writing sample updated

David Priest priest@sfu.ca
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:47:10 -0700

I've updated my sample real-world document.  It provides a fairly
comprehensive test of ReSTs applicability to professional print
documentation.  There are tables, mathematical equations, figures, and
such.

You can get the file at http://www.sfu.ca/~priest/VRAS.zip

Included in the file is a modified HTML4css1.py script which allows the use
of HTML/XML character entities (ie. mathematical symbols).

I have not completed my work on adapting this manual to ReST.  In
particular, I have not encoded user interface labels (ie. menu commands and
keyboard shortcuts), have not double-checked for consistency in use of
emphasis and spacing around equations, and have not adapted all the
graphics files.

If I continue to work on this sample my next step will be to implement
:gui: and :key: roles.  In HTML they would be rendered as bold; in DocBook
as <guilabel> and <keycap> tags.