[Doc-SIG] Re: [marketing-python] 2.3 release - proposed plan

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:58:44 -0400

[cc'ing doc-sig in case anyone is interested]

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:

> When I gave my presentation to the ACM I just created an html page,
> increased the font size in the browser, and scrolled through the
> items.  I've done my share of PowerPoint slides, but I'd rather have a
> way to generate slides using reST.  Kevin Altis said he's toying
> around with something to do this.

If you'd like, you can have my front-end to PythonPoint.  (I created a
dead-simple half-reSTed syntax to avoid the drudgery of writing XML.)
Once Kevin does his work, it should be simple to modify my front-end to
write out reST.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93