[Doc-SIG] [development doc updates]

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Wed, 22 May 2002 11:44:14 +0200

Moore, Paul wrote:

 > [...]
 > In http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-copyreg.html, using
 > IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine, scroll down to the definition of
 > pickle() at the bottom. Narrow the window, and when you reach a
 > certain point, the "(" following the function name word wraps onto
 > the next line, resulting in
 >
 >     pickle type, function[,
 >     (      constructor])
 >
 > The "(" shouldn't be allowed to wrap.
 >
 > I know this is a borderline case of a borderline case, but I'm not
 > sure that the benefits of all this are worth it. Even when wrapped
 > "properly", you get
 >
 >     pickle( type, function[,
 >             constructor])

The table solution seems rather fragile.

Why not use something like this:

and have a "margin-left: 3em" for the following text. (Of course
the style should be in an external style sheet.)

An example how this might look can be found at
http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/converters/index.html
(scroll down to the Converter constructor)

Bye,
     Walter Dörwald