[Doc-SIG] References in the same line as the target text

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:58:45 +0200

David Goodger wrote:

> Simon Budig wrote:
>
>>First some words why I want to use reStructuredText and what
>>motivates me to bring this up.
>>
>>I made the experience with my personal homepage,
>
> I took a look at your homepage (http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/).
> I hope you do realize that Docutils/reStructuredText may never be
> capable of producing that kind of visually rich output.  I hope to
> improve it's capabilities, but there is a limit beyond which plaintext
> cannot (and should not) go.

Alternatively you might want to take a look at XIST
(http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/)

The XIST pages themselves were made with XIST. (Click on the "Page
Source" link to see the source for each page, or goto
http://www.livinglogic.de/viewcvs/index.cgi/LivingLogic/WWW-Python/site/
for ViewCVS access.)

Hope that helps,
    Walter Dörwald