[Doc-SIG] Adding new inline markup?

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:38:08 -0500

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 10:22:58AM -0500, Aahz wrote:
>>
>>Why can't you use ` for cited text?  Remember that you're allowed to
>>have different kinds of interpreted text::
>>    :cite:`cited text`
>
> Oh, I wasn't aware of that!  Thanks!  It would be marginally easier
> for the intended audience if a simpler notation like /cited/ was
> possible, but I can live with using the role notation, and it means I
> don't need to pick more typographic symbols for everything.  (%per se%
> for foreign text, @DARPA@ for acronyms, ad nauseam...)

For acronyms use | (pipe), assuming you want it expanded.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com