[Doc-SIG] Adding new inline markup?

Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:50:09 -0500

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 10:22:58AM -0500, Aahz wrote:
>Why can't you use ` for cited text?  Remember that you're allowed to
>have different kinds of interpreted text::
>    :cite:`cited text`

Oh, I wasn't aware of that!  Thanks!  It would be marginally easier
for the intended audience if a simpler notation like /cited/ was
possible, but I can live with using the role notation, and it means I
don't need to pick more typographic symbols for everything.  (%per se%
for foreign text, @DARPA@ for acronyms, ad nauseam...)

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
LaTeX2HTML is pain.
      -- Fred Drake in a documentation checkin message, 14 Mar 2000