[Doc-SIG] suggestions for a PEP

Edward Welbourne Edward Welbourne <eddy@chaos.org.uk>
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:29:57 +0000 (GMT)

>> While I'm at it: I loathe and despise the apparent demand (seemingly
> Neither STpy (Tibs' version) nor whatever version of STminus I end up
> proposing for docstrings will require blank lines before list items.
phew.  OK, I misunderstood.  What a relief ;^>

And a blank line between a heading and what it heads is fine by me, it
was just the [DUO]L lists I was nervous about.

> ... there's always something to be said for simplicity too..  If
> someone writing documentation has to remember too many rules, they may
> get confused..
which just says that *sometimes* pandering to the tool's tastes and
being kind to the maintainer agree (and for `maintain' you can do an
appropriate s/// as before if you wish).

	Eddy.