[Doc-SIG] ImplicitLinksUsingCamelCase

Garth T Kidd garth@deadlybloodyserious.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:42:27 +1000

.. The subject line used to be ``re: reStructuredText``, but we're
   getting so much point-bloat that I'm splitting it up.

> Wiki ImplicitLinksUsingCamelCase are so ambiguous, they must
> cause lots of problems. Like a discussion about "Old MacDonald"...

You can escape the word with a bang (!), but, because the bang is also
used to escape whole lines it turns out to be a mind-bender to escape
just the first word in a line. Maybe you can break the paragraph, maybe
not -- I forget, and that's the whole problem. It's something you have
to *think* about. Ugh.

> Better to have some unambiguous syntax saying "this is a link".

The explicit but still simple reStructuredText link format is growing on
me, for sure.

Regards,
Garth.

--
Garth T Kidd <garth@netapp.com>            Mobile:     +61-411-596-593
Consulting Systems Engineer, Aust/NZ       Direct:     +61-2-9779-5614