[Doc-SIG] RE: reStructuredText

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:36:34 +0100

David Goodger wrote:
> ... I'll be posting version 0.3 of both reStructuredText
> and the DPS by the end of the weekend. Look for: several
> thousand lines of code; most constructs implemented;
> warning & error generation; many unittests (over 90 &
> counting, just for the parser); DOM generation; oodles
> of fun for all ages.

Aagh!

OK. Congratulations, that's great, definitely a Good Thing, and I'm
seriously envious. (shades of "heh, look folks, Python Doc-SIG has a
*product*, all that wait and effort *was* worth doing".)

But...

I'm off for a week of holiday (visiting relatives in Germany) on Sunday,
and was planning to take the various spec documents with me to peruse
and mark up with any comments (yes, I know, but there's more chance of
doing it next week than during "normal" time, so far). And now there's
going to be a new release whilst I'm away (possibly even whilst in the
air). Curses, foiled again.

More seriously - David, is there any chance of getting a copy of the
updated specs (both DPS and reStructuredText) before then, or is it
worth my commenting on the documents "as is", assuming that changes in
the "what it provides" will be minor? It would have to be before
mid-Friday afternoon my time...

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"