[Doc-SIG] Issues with 2.1 doc PDF files

Dan Schmidt dfan@harmonixmusic.com
25 Apr 2001 17:37:49 -0400

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:

| Dan Schmidt writes:
|  > I don't view the Python docs with PDF, but I read many other PDF files
|  > 'onscreen' rather than printing them out.
|
|   Would you *like* to be able to read the Python PDF version onscreen,
| or is one of the other versions preferable for you?
|
|   I guess what I'd like to figure out is how many people would like to
| use a version that they're not using because there's some impediment
| (files are too large to d/l, lacks functionality, has formatting
| problems, etc.).

I guess the HTML version is the most useful for me right now.  The
Info version would be if it were up to date.  So in the specific case
of Python, I don't really need the pdf.

However, as a general principle, when I do download a .pdf file, I
expect to be able to read it on-screen.  That may not be relevant to
the question you're asking, though.

--
http://www.dfan.org